- Main menu or Alacarte: is an app to easily modify the the main menu and create shortcuts in Ubuntu.
sudo apt-get install alarcarte
- Unity tweak tool: great tool to modify behaviors in the Ubuntu desktop, like to activate workspaces.
sudo apt-get install unity-tweak-tool
- Compizconfig: tool to modify keyboard and mouse shortcuts and to modify a lot of Ubuntu desktop behavior and configuration.
sudo apt-get install compizconfig-settings-manager
Some shortcuts to move smart in Ubuntu
- Ctrl + Alt + Left or Right or Up or Down Arrow: to move between workspaces
- Super + s : split desktop with all available workspaces and move between them
- Super + w: split desktop with all open windows
- Shift+ Ctrl + Alt + Left or Right or Up or Down Arrow: to move current focus window from one workspace to another
- Ctrl + Alt + D: Show desktop
- Ctrl + Alt + L: Lock screen